Chola-Tse peak is geographically located in Everest region on a ridge connecting Gokyo and Khumbu Valleys. The peak was climbed in the year 1984. However, till this date very expedition have climbed Chola-Tse peak.
Chola –Tse peak is a technically harder mountain to climb. Therefore climbers are required to have necessary skill in ice and rock climbing and snow walking. It will take at least 10 days or so to climb the peak. The Chola glacier on the eastern side of the peak. The standard route to climb is via southwest ridge though Northwest ridge is also popular.
The trekking route follows the Trail of Gokyo Lake and crossing Cho La pass (5420m). The base camp of Chola Tse is approached Dzong la. The Chola Tse peak awards with superb views of Mount Everest, Cho Oy, Amadablam, Lhotse and landscape of Gokyo Valley.
- All airport/hotel/land transfers by private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Paten and Bhaktapur including a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, chocolate, beverages, showers etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Arrival in Kathmandu
Fly to Lukla from Kathmandu and trek to Phakding
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole
Trek from Dole to Machhermo
Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo
Hike to Gokyo Ri and trek to Thangnak
Trek from Thangnak to Dzongla via Cho-La Pass
Trek from Dzongla to Lobuche
Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep
Trek from Gorakshep to Cholatse Base Camp
Climb from Base Camp to Camp I
Climb from Camp I to Camp II
Climb from Camp II to High Camp
Summit to Chalatse Peak and back to Base Camp
Trek from Cholatse Base Camp to Pangboche
Trek from Pangboche to Namche Bazaar
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu