Village tours or home-stay tourism offers a unique opportunity to appreciating the natural and cultural beauty of rural Nepal. Set apart from the chaos and rush of urban cities, villages offer a relaxing time in the quiet natural surroundings. Such tours involve staying in a remote village with local villagers in their houses, eating local cuisines and taking part in cultural programs. Village based tours is perhaps the best way to learn and observe Nepali culture and lifestyle.
Upon your visit, you will be welcomed by the community of the area in traditional way. Visitors will be arranged to stay with one of the village family. The members of the family will guide you around the village and surrounding sites. You will be able to take part in day to day ritual of the family like farming, harvesting, animal husbandry, cooking and Nepali language and culture. You will have the pleasure of tasting delicious home-based local cuisines which are locally sourced. Besides, there will be plenty of opportunities to enjoy walking on the fields, participating in village conversation, viewing sunrise and sun set, observing local museums, taking part in cultural programs.
Home Stay facilities are locally managed by tourism management committees which comprises equal number of men and women.
Some of the most famous destinations for village tourism are Sirubari, Ghale Gaun, Bandipur, Panchase, Meghauli, Chitlang, Damak, Bardiya, Udayapur etc. Village based home stay tourism lasts from a minimum of two days to fortnight long.
- All airport/hotel/land transfers through private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur including a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit for casual and Emergency Purpose.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable.
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.