Nepal is maybe one of the holiest places on the planet. It is considered the birthplace of Lord Buddha and Goddess Sita and is home to thousands of religious shrines such as temples, stupas, mosques, churches, Shakti peeths etc.
There are people of various faiths in Nepal: Hindus, Buddhists, Kiratis, Muslims, Chirstians and many more. As indicated by Hindu Tradition, there are 330 million divine beings and goddesses. Religious shrines are spread especially throughout the country and making a pilgrimage is a ritual affair that has been practiced for centuries.
Pashupatinath, Lumbini, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Namo Buddha, Budanilkantha, Daskhin Kali, Pathibhara, Janaki Temple, Gosai Kunda, Barah Chhetra and Muktinath are the most popular and powerful religious sites in Nepal. Some of them are in the Himalayas, some in the hills, some in the valleys and some in the flatlands of Terai.
Pashupatinath Temple is one of the most sacred shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva. Henceforth, every year during Shiva Ratri, thousands of pilgrims from far and wide visit the temple and pay homage to Lord Shiva. Likewise, Gosai Kunda hosts the festival of Janai Purnima every year during the month of August.Religion in actuality offers a peeping window into the way of life and customs of Nepali individuals. Visiting temples and religious shrines will allow travelers and pilgrims to know more about Nepali culture and experience it before your own eyes.
- All airport/hotel/land transfers through private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur including a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit for casual and Emergency Purpose.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable.
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.