Red Panda is a flag species of Langtang National Park. It has been enlisted as an endangered species. Therefore, its preservation has been a top priority.
One has to visit Langtang National Park to research about Red Panda. Researchers and trekkers visit in large numbers every year.
Sighting a Red Panda is a rare activity. One has to be lucky enough so as to encounter these shy yet charismatic animals. They inhabit in the forests of bamboo. Which happens to be their main diet.
The Red Panda Tour starts at Syabru. It goes along the villages of Bharku and Thulo Syabru. Cholangpati below Laurebinayak is an important place for viewing Red Panda.It comes before the lake of Gosainkunda arrives. This is where many of the sightings of Red Panda have been observed. Further, you can trek up to Kutumsang via Gopte.
Finally, Langtang region is the best chance of seeing Red panda.
Trek through Langtang National Park
Observe Red Panda up close and personall
Visit Gosainkunda Lake and cross Laurebina Pass
Observe Tamang and Tibetan culture and lifestyles
Enjoy splendid views of Lantang and Ganesh Himal ranges
- All airport/hotel/land transfers via private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur including a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters. That includes their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit for casual and Emergency Purpose.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance