One of the new and less travelled routes to visit Mt. Kailas is through Hilsa(Simikot) . It is a border along Nepal and China (Tibet). This involves crossing the border into Tibet from western Nepal. The crossing involves a few days of trekking on Nepal side.
The journey begins with a flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. Then we fly to Simikot. Simikot is a small rag town on the bank of Karnali River. From here on you will have to trek through small settlements of beautiful places. Such as Purang, Yalbang, Tumkot, Yari. It continues until Hilsa arrives. Hisa is close to Tibet (China) border. You will have to cross Nara La Pass at an altitude of 4620m to reach Hilsa. From here a four wheel drive will come to pick the group.
The journey ahead is on a four wheel drive . It is towards Rakshas and Mansarovar Lakes .These lakes are sacred sites. Which was once visited by Guru Padmasambhava. The next stop is Darchen. This is launching point for a kora of Mt. Kailash (Mt. Tise). You will spend the next three days here. You will explore 3 days exploring Mt. Kailash. After that we return to Darchen. From Darchen it is another 2 days drive . We drive via Saga and Zhangmu to enter into Nepal via Kodari border.
- Enjoy trans Himalayan flight.
- Trek through Humla region of Nepal.
- Visit Mt Kaliash and MAnsarovar.
- Explore Tibet and its biodiversity.
- Tibetan Buddhism.
- All airport/hotel/land transfers through private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in historic places. Such as Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur. This includes a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters. This includes their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit for casual and Emergency Purpose.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable.
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.