EBC Kalapathar Trek offers an opportunity to visit Everest Base Camp (5364m) and Kalapatthar(5500m). These are the two major highlights of the Everest region. The trek overall offers a sense of serenity and tranquillity. It is because of its massive views of surrounding mountains. Among them, a wide vision of Mt Everest is also included. Since your trip commences from the low land of the Khumbu region, this trek enables you to enjoy the beauty of nature. Thereupon it gives you chance to observe the Khumbu settlement. Along with that an experience, the Sherpa culture is one can get here. Hence you can get the experience of both culture and views.
Proceeding further up and from Lobuche, the path is clear and pleasant at first. Furthermore, it climbs, twisting and threading its way onto the rough moraine of the Khangri Glacier. Finally, we will reach Gorak Shep. From Gorak Shep, Kala Pattar is about two hours walk. The sunrise view from Kala Pattar is a rare and rewarding experience. Kala Pattar (Black rock) is the most popular viewpoint of the Everest region. This trek takes us through Sagarmatha National Park area. Which is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Afterwards walk on rock and glaciers to reach Everest Base Camp. Here we will have an amazing view of the south face of Mt. Everest. There you will be able to meet international trekkers who are preparing to climb Mt. Everest. The descending trails involve nearly the same route down to Lukla. After that, we are up for a flight back to Kathmandu.
Trip Style:Trekking and Tour
Meals:Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Accommodation:Hotel + Lodges
- Trek through Sagarmatha National Park.
- Visit Sherpa villages of Namche, Dinboche, Lobuche, Lukla and Phakding.
- Visit Thyangboche monaster.
- Magnificent views of Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse.
- All airport/hotel/land transfers by private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Paten and Bhaktapur including a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, chocolate, beverages, showers etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Arrival to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Kathmandu Valley Sight seeing
Flight to Lukla. Same day trek to Phakding
Trek from Phakding to Lamchee Bazaar
Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche
Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche
Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization
Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche
Trek from Lobuche to Gorekshep
Trek from Gorekshep to Phpriche
Trek from Phpriche to Tengboche
Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Fly back to Kathmandu