Everest 3 High Passes Trek is one of the most adventurous trekking routes in the Everest region. Trekkers will have to overcome three high passes. They are Kongma La (5,535m), Cho La (5,380m) and Renjo La (5,388m). Ultimately offering breathtaking, spectacular views of Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse and Nuptse.
The adventure begins with a mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. This is the starting point of our trekking. The trail passes through oaks, birch and juniper forests up the Dudhkosi River to reach Namche, the Sherpa town. Here you will spend a day to acclimatize and learn Sherpa culture. While enjoying a short hike to Syanbhoche you will also enjoy the first panorama of Everest ranges. The trip further leads to Thame following Bhotekoshi river until you reach Gokyo Lakes. Gokyo Lake system is a glacial lake. Further more it can be beautifully observed by crossing the Renjo La pass at 5388m. You will also be able to see different Mountains. Such as Everest (8848m)t, Cho Oyu (8201m) and Nuptse (7861m) peaks from here.
Further past Dzongla you will now cross Cho La pass. the pass has unparalleled views of Mt. Everest. From then on you take your route through Lobuche. Then a hike up to the top of Kalapathar (5545m) via Gorakshep. Here also we will get majestic views of Everest,. Along with that Pumori (7161m), Thamserku (6623m), Island Peak (6189m)and Khumbu glacier can also be seen.
We then drop down to Chukung valley to cross yet Kongma La pass. Eventually we reach Tengboche Monastery. It is the biggest monastery in Everest region. You will retrace steps back to Lukla.
This is a lodge-based trek. So plenty of good lodges is available along the way.The best seasons for Everest 3 High passes either during Spring or Autumn.
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Style: Home Stay
- Transportation: By Air
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping
- Trek through Sagarmatha National Park
- Cross the three high passes of Everest region, Kongma La, Cho La and Renjo La
- Spectacular views of Everest, Cho-Oyu, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku etc
- Experience Sherpa culture and hospitality
- Trek to the top of Kalapatthar
- Visit Tengboche Monastery
Offer remains constant . But sometimes it also depends upon the group size.
- Hotel in Kathmandu (3night BB) .
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with Tea, each meal in a cup during trek.
- Tourist service , VAT, governments Tax and official expenses if necessary; all government and local taxes wherever applicable pickup hotel to bus park and drop to hotel.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- KTM sightseeing with city guide including entrance fee and transportation.
- Langtang National Park fee and TIMS Card.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Rasuwa and Pick up from Sundari Jal.
- One porter (one porter carries 20kg limit).
- Experienced trek Guide and Porter including their salaries, insurance, equipment, transportation food and accommodation
The exclusion remains constant. But if in case any changes occur they can be adjusted.
- Nepal visa fee & two passport photographs are required).
- Excess baggage hotel in Kathmandu , charges and unless requested.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary. Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge.
- Drinks, chocolate, beverages, showers etc).
- Tips for guides and porter.