Annapurna Poon Hill Trekking one of the most famous and popular trekking within Annapurna range and probably in whole Himalaya region, due to its spectacular scenery of high peaks, local culture and beautiful forest surroundings. Annapurna Poon Hill Trekking where all types and age group can join in this short and fabulous country walks on the high and mid hills with ever-present views of massive Annapurna and magnificent Machhapuchare Himal ‘Fish-Tail peak’.
The reason of this beautiful Annapurna Poon Hill trekking that scenery of landscapes, temperatures and culture changes daily as walk progress towards nice hill villages of Gurung and Poon / Magar people the tribes of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri region interwoven with Hindu and Buddhism religions and heritage. Starting this marvelous journey to Annapurna Poon Hill Trekking from scenic Pokhara city and its beautiful valley blessed with mountains and serene lakes where walk leads from low-warm areas to reach cooler alpine hills to reach at Ghorepani village overlooking grand views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range of peaks.
From Ghorepani hike leads to famous viewpoint at Poon Hill the highest spot of the adventure at above 3,210 m high facing glamorous sunrise over chain of Himalayan peaks from Dhaulagiri-Annapurna towards Manaslu range with Machhapuchare Himal.
After a wonderful moment walk back to the road head on an alternative scenic path through Tadapani and Ghandruk villages to reach lovely Pokhara by its calmPhewa Lake to complete out marvelous experience on Annapurna Poon Hill Trekking with great services of White Lotus Trekking.
STARTING FROM $810
Day 1: Arrive to Kathmandu
Arrival at Kathmandu International Airport. There our airport representative will transfer you to your hotel. Stay overnight in hotel.
Day 2 : Kathmandu Sightseeing
Today we spend full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu. We will visit cultural heritages. Such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath etc. Next is stay overnight in hotel.
Day 3 : Kathmandu to Pokhara (6/7 hour) by drive
After early morning breakfast, we will drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Correspondingly enjoying scenic green hills, villages and rivers . Next is stay overnight in hotel.
Day 4 : Pokhara to TikKheDunga (5/6 hour)
Morning drive to Nayapul is the starting point of our trek. From Nayapul, you walk through rhododendron forests to reach TikkheDhunga. Stay overnight in lodge.
Day 5 : Tikkhedhunga to ghorepani (7/8Hour) 2750m.
Wake up early for a warm breakfast. Then we start trekking through rhododendron and orchid forests. Meandering through traditional villages and terraced farms we reach Ghorepani. Ghorepani is village inhabited by Magar ethnic group. It is surrounded by dense rhododendron trees. We stop at the higher part of Ghorepani village. This point offers panoramaic view of the surrounding mountains. Such as Annapuransuth and Nilgirimountains. There we stay overnight in lodge.
Day 6 : Ghorepani to Tadapani (4/5 hour)2700m.
Early morning rise to enjoy beautiful views of Himalayan. Annapurna and Dhaulagiri is best seen from there. We then Hike up to Poon Hill (3100m) for about one hou. Here we can observe sunrise views and panorama of different peaks. Annapurna, Macchapuchre and Dhaulagiri peaks are few examples. Afterwards we climb down to Ghorepani for warm breakfat. Then we start trek towards Tadapani. The trail parallels along Myagdi River passing through rugged cliffs. Small patches of forests can be seen equally. Stay overnight in lodge.
Day 7 : Tadapani to Ghandruk (6/7 hour) 1940m)
As we enter high altitude we pass through pine forests. The valleys open up to a panorama of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. This is part of Annapuna Conservation Area. So we will be expecting surprising encounter with wildlife in this stretch. Ghandruk is a beautiful settlement ethnic communities. For example : Gurung and Magar. Some others tribe can also be seen. Next is stay overnight in lodge.
Day 8 : Ghandruk to Chhomrong (6/7 hour) 2170m.
The trail continues to pass through Gurung villages. Terraced fields of maize and millet are especially found here. We then Cross a suspension bridge . After certain time we walk uphill on the final stretch to Chhomrong. Chhomrong is a scenic village of Gurung people . people here follow agricultural lifestyle. It is also known as the gateway to Annapurna Base Camp. Stay overnight in lodge.
Day 9 : Chomrong to Landruk (6/7 hour) 1565m.
Prepare yourself for some steep descent today. There is a hotspring at Jhinu . where we will have our lunch. Further up we will pass through a few villages including a waterfall. Lhandruk is a Gurung village. Stay overnight in lodge.
Day 10 : Landruk to Australian camp (5/6 hour) 2000m
The trail makes an uphill climb through a dense forest. You cross the river and enter into a zone surrounded by pine trees. The Australian Camp provides spectacular views of Annapurna South, Lamjung, Macchapuchre and Gangapurna among others. Stay overnight in lodge.
Day 11 : Australian Camp to Kadevai walk then drive to pokhara(6/7 hour)
We will wind down trek today. We will drop down to Kade from Australian Camp via Dhampus villages. It will take at least 3 hours to reach the roadhead at Kade. From Kade drive to Pokhara for about 2 hours. Stay overnight in hotel
Day 12 : Pokhara sightseeing
Today is a full day sightseeing of Pokhara. We then drive early morning to Sarangkot. Annauprna and Macchapuchre peaks can be seen especially. You will also visit many historic places. Such as Davis Fall, Setiriver, International Mountain Museum, Peace Stupa and Mahendra Cave. We will spend a pleasant evening boating on Phewa Lake. Stay overnight in hotel.
Day 13 : Pokhara to Kathmandu
Take a bus ride from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Farewell Dinner in a family environment. Stay overnight in hotel.
Day 14 : Departure
Our staff will drop you off at Kathmandu International Airport.
- Short and scenic walks on high hills within lovely rhododendron forest
- Grand views of mountains and dramatic landscapes on daily walks
- Explore traditional farm villages of Ghorepani, Ghandruk with amazing scenery
- Stunning sunrise over 360° wide mountain panorama from scenic Poon Hill
- Enchanting woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia and pines trees
Cost Includes:Offer remains constant . But sometimes it also depends upon the group size.
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with Tea, each meal in a cup during trek.
- Tourist service , VAT, governments Tax and official expenses if necessary .All government and local taxes wherever applicable pickup hotel to bus park and drop to hotel.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- KTM sightseeing with city guide including entrance fee and transportation.
- One porter (one porter carries 20kg limit).
- Experienced trek Guide and Porter including their salaries, insurance, equipment, transportation food and accommodation
The exclusion remains constant. But if in case any changes occur they can be adjusted.
- Nepal visa fee & two passport photographs are required).
- Excess baggage hotel in Kathmandu , charges and unless requested.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary. Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge.
- Drinks, chocolate, beverages, showers etc).
- Tips for guides and porter.
- Accommodation: Hotels and lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate with ups and downhill walks.
- Activities: Sightseeing tour, exciting drive, and scenic treks. Trekking duration: 04 Nights and 05 days (Pokhara to Pokhara)
- Total Trip: 10 Nights and 11 Days (arrival to final departure)
- Seasons: Nearly all months of the year except monsoon time from June to mid-September. March to May the best time when wild-flower are in season October to December another best months for clear mountain views but cold in the morning and night time and chance of snow.