Gosainkunda Surya Peak Trekking a high altitude within North of Kathmandu located in the close shade of massive Langtang Himal around Nepal Central Himalaya range, a great place for short adventure to holy pond of Gosainkunda. Fabulous and marvelous Gosainkunda Surya Peak Trekking offers dramatic panorama of mountain range from Langtang-Jugal-Ganesh Himal that extends to Annapurna range in the far western horizon.
A great walks of less than a week duration time within pristine surrounding of snow capped peaks and serene green forest of tall rhododendron-oaks and pine tree lines where tree lines drops as trek progress towards higher elevation at Gosainkunda and Surya Peak.
Starting grand adventure to Gosainkunda and Surya Peak Trekking where drive leads you to high cooler alpine hills facing tremendous views of peaks as walk begins after the drive at Deurali village. Walking above tree lines within high country along with grand views to reach at our main highlight at holy Gosainkunda, a glacial pond considered as sacred by Hindu religion and for some Buddhist followers, where great festival takes place in the month of August as per Hindu calendar.
Festival is known as ‘Jani Purnima’(changing of holy threads) falls during Full Moon as per Hindu auspicious events where hundreds of pilgrims visits for a dip in the icy pond and change their old holy thread for new as per Hindu religion rites.
At Gosainkunda enjoy the view and walk around the pond that changes its colors along with sunlight this will be the highest overnight stop of the adventure, and then descend back to the road past nice place of Sing-Gompa / Chandanbari to reach at Dhunche.
Dhunche a large town and headquarter of Rasuwa district within Langtang Himal and the home of Tamang people the hill tribe of Central Himalaya, where our marvelous Gosainkunda and Surya Peak Trekking completes with drive back to Kathmandu.
Trek Itinerary Detail:
Day 01: Drive to Deurali by bus 2,840 m - 06 hrs.
Morning starts with scenic drive from Kathmandu valley where journey leads North direction past Nuwakot area with town and villages to reach at near Dhunche town to reach at Deurali village for overnight stop around the country of Tamang people interwoven with Buddhism and fascinating culture.
Day 02: Trek to Laurabinayak / Cholanpati 4,245 m - 05 hrs.
First day trek starts with climb with views of snow clad peaks of Langtang to the north and Ganesh-Himal range towards north west along with Manaslu and Annapurna range, walk leads to gradual up for an hour entering oaks, pines and rhododendron woods, after a short stops with terrific perspectives, walk proceeds on tough trail leaving tree lines and green vegetation behind for smaller rhododendron, juniper and alpine shrubs bushes. Finally walk ends for the day at high Laurabinayak hill with some simple good lodges for overnight stop, the place is also known as Cholanpati.
Day 03: Trek to Gosainkund 4,381m / 14,375 ft - 04 hrs.
Morning walk continues above Laurabinayak, which means a place with walking sticks, (on favorable time in August with full moon according to the Nepali Luna calendar pilgrims visits Gosainkund pond for ritual bathe and dip belief it delivers one into heaven and drink of its blessed water gives up the transgressions of a hundred lifetimes) Hindu pilgrims leave their walking sticks here where the name Laurabinayak comes.
From here short descend and up reaching across Saraswati and Bhiarav kund after a small climb brings you to our overnight stop at Gosainkund near its pristine lake. Here you can see loads of follows left behind by the pilgrims. Enjoy the serene surrounding of Gosainkunda enclosed by high rocky hills and cliffs with views of peaks and lakes.
Day 04: Trek to Sing-Gompa / Chandanbari 3,250 m - 05 hrs.
With energizing time at heavenly Gosainkund, morning walk leads past fundamental lake downhill with short uphill then heading for long descend past Laurabinaya hill to reach at Sing Gompa also called Chandanbari for overnight stop in this nice small village with old monastery.
Day 05: Trek to Dhunche 1,950 m -05 hrs and transfer to lodge.
Morning with perspectives on Langtang-Ganesh as far towards Manaslu then downhill into thick woodland to reach at the base of a slope by the waterway and intersection connect, stroll on decent way with short ups to Dhunche town for last medium-term stop around Langtang Himal zone.
Dhunche headquarter town of Rasuwa area, where Langtang National park begins at the tallness over 1,950 m.
Day 06: Drive back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Last and last morning at Rasuwa area with Langtang Himal locale, where drive leads past Ramche and Kalikathan to achieve hotter zone at Trisuli Bazaar town, and afterward on twisting downhill to venture once again into principle city at Kathmandu, and at that point exchange to your lodging after a most intriguing time on Gosainkund Lake Trekking.
- Dramatic landscapes view with high mountains range of Central Himalaya.
- Within the country of ancient Tamang villages of great cultural interest
- Walk into pristine forest of tall rhododendron-oaks-pines and fir tree lines
- On high ridges of Langtang Himal to reach holy glacial pond Gosainkunda
- Scenic views of Langtang-Ganesh-Langtang as far to Annapurna range of peaks
Offer remains constant . But sometimes it also depends upon the group size.
- Hotel in Kathmandu (3night BB) .
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with Tea, each meal in a cup during trek.
- Tourist service , VAT, governments Tax and official expenses if necessary; all government and local taxes wherever applicable pickup hotel to bus park and drop to hotel.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- KTM sightseeing with city guide including entrance fee and transportation.
- Langtang National Park fee and TIMS Card.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Rasuwa and Pick up from Sundari Jal.
- One porter (one porter carries 20kg limit).
- Experienced trek Guide and Porter including their salaries, insurance, equipment, transportation food and accommodation
The exclusion remains constant. But if in case any changes occur they can be adjusted.
- Nepal visa fee & two passport photographs are required).
- Excess baggage hotel in Kathmandu , charges and unless requested.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary. Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge.
- Drinks, chocolate, beverages, showers etc).
- Tips for guides and porter.
- Accommodation: Hotels and lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Activities: Exciting drive and scenic, cultural walks.
- Trekking duration: 05 Nights and 06 days (with both way drives)
- Seasons: Nearly all months of the year except monsoon times from June to mid September. If interested for festival events called ‘Janai Purnima’ held around wet monsoon times of August months can join to observe Hindu pilgrims activities to Gosainkunda. March to May best time when wild-flower are in season October to December another best months for clear mountain views but cold in the morning and night time and chance of snow.