Gosainkunda Surya Peak Trekking a high altitude within North of Kathmandu located in the close shade of massive Langtang Himal around Nepal Central Himalaya range, a great place for a short adventure to a holy pond of Gosainkunda. Fabulous and marvelous Gosainkunda Surya Peak Trekking offers a dramatic panorama of the mountain range from Langtang-Jugal-Ganesh Himal that extends to Annapurna range in the far western horizon.
A great walks of less than a week duration time within the pristine surrounding of snow-capped peaks and serene green forest of tall rhododendron-oaks and pine tree lines where tree lines drop as trek progress towards higher elevation at Gosainkunda and Surya Peak. Starting the grand adventure to Gosainkunda and Surya Peak Trekking where a drive leads you to high cooler alpine hills facing tremendous views of peaks as the walk begins after the drive at Deurali village.
Walking above tree lines within the high country along with grand views to reach at our main highlight at holy Gosainkunda, a glacial pond considered as sacred by Hindu religion and for some Buddhist followers, where the great festival takes place in the month of August as per Hindu calendar. Festival is known as ‘Jani Purnima’(changing of holy threads) falls during Full Moon as per Hindu auspicious events where hundreds of pilgrims visits for a dip in the icy pond and change their old holy thread for new as per Hindu religious rites.
At Gosainkunda enjoy the view and walk around the pond that changes its colors along with sunlight this will be the highest overnight stop of the adventure, and then descend back to the road past nice place of Sing-Gompa / Chandanbari to reach Dhunche. Dhunche a large town and headquarter of Rasuwa district within Langtang Himal and the home of Tamang people the hill tribe of Central Himalaya, where our marvelous Gosainkunda and Surya Peak Trekking completes with drive back to Kathmandu.
Outline Itinerary:Day 01: Drive to Deurali by bus 2,840 m - 06 hrs.
Day 02: Trek to Laurabinayak / Cholanpati 4,245 m - 05 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Gosainkund 4,381m / 14,375 ft - 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Sing-Gompa / Chandanbari 3,250 m - 05 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Dhunche town 1,950 m - 05 hrs.
Day 06: Drive back to Kathmandu - 06 hrs.
- Accommodation: Hotels and lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Activities: Exciting drive and scenic, cultural walks.
- Trekking duration: 05 Nights and 06 days (with both way drives)
- Seasons: Nearly all months of the year except monsoon times from June to mid-September. If interested for festival events called ‘Janai Purnima’ held around wet monsoon times of August months can join to observe Hindu pilgrims activities to Gosainkunda. March to May the best time when wild-flower are in season October to December another best months for clear mountain views but cold in the morning and night time and chance of snow.
- Dramatic landscapes view with high mountains range of Central Himalaya
- Walk into a pristine forest of tall rhododendron-oaks-pines and fir tree lines
- Within the country of ancient Tamang villages of great cultural interest
- On high ridges of Langtang Himal to reach holy glacial pond Gosainkunda
- Scenic views of Langtang-Ganesh-Langtang as far to Annapurna range of peaks
offer remains constant. But if any case any changes occurs they can be adjusted.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Guide and porters.
- All food (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) in trekking.
- Tea house/lodge accommodation.
- Hot drinks (Tea and coffee) 3 times a day.
- All land transportation.
The exclusion remains constant. But if in case any changes occur they can be adjusted.
- Any bar bills (alcoholic drinks, mineral water, and cold drinks), cigarettes. And client’s personal insurance, any kind of unforeseen expenses.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Tips for Guide and Porter (Tips are not compulsory but expected).
Trek Itinerary Detail:Day 01: Drive to Deurali by bus 2,840 m - 06 hrs.
Morning starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu valley where the journey leads North direction past Nuwakot area with town and villages to reach near Dhunche town to reach at Deurali village for an overnight stop around the country of Tamang people are interwoven with Buddhism and a fascinating culture.Day 02: Trek to Laurabinayak / Cholanpati 4,245 m - 05 hrs.
First-day trek starts with a climb with views of snow-clad peaks of Langtang to the north and Ganesh-Himal range towards the northwest along with Manaslu and Annapurna range, walk leads to gradual up for an hour entering oaks, pines and rhododendron forest, after a brief stop with grand views, the walk continues on the uphill trail leaving tree lines and green vegetation behind for dwarf rhododendron, juniper, and alpine shrubs bushes. Finally, the walk ends for the day at high Laurabinayak hill with some simple good lodges for an overnight stop, the place is also known as Cholanpati.Day 03: Trek to Gosainkund 4,381m / 14,375 ft - 04 hrs.
Morning walk continues above Laurabinayak, which means a place with walking sticks, (an auspicious time in August with the full moon as per the Nepali Luna calendar pilgrims visits Gosainkund pond for ritual bathe and dip belief it delivers one into paradise and drink of its holy water relinquishes the sins of a hundred lifetimes) Hindu pilgrims leave their walking sticks here where the name Laurabinayak comes. From here short descend and up reaching across Saraswati and Bhiarav kund after a small climb brings you to our overnight stop at Gosainkund near its pristine pond. Here you can see lots of traces left behind by the pilgrims. Enjoy the serene surrounding of Gosainkunda enclosed by high rocky hills and cliffs with views of peaks and lakes.Day 04: Trek to Sing-Gompa / Chandanbari 3,250 m - 05 hrs.
With exciting time at holy Gosainkund, morning walk leads past the main pond downhill with short uphill then heading for long descend past Laurabinaya hill to reach Sing Gompa also called Chandanbari for an overnight stop in this nice small village with the old monastery.Day 05: Trek to Dhunche 1,950 m -05 hrs and transfer to lodge.
Morning with views of Langtang-Ganesh as far towards Manaslu then downhill into the dense forest to reach at the bottom of a hill by the river and crossing bridge, walk on a nice path with short ups to Dhunche town for last overnight stop around Langtang Himal area. Dhunche headquarters town of Rasuwa district, where Langtang National park starts at the height above 1,950 m.Day 06: Drive back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Last and final morning at Rasuwa district with Langtang Himal region, where a drive leads past Ramche and Kalikathan to reach a warmer area at Trisuli Bazaar town, and then on winding downhill to reach back into the main city at Kathmandu, and then transfer to your hotel after a most fascinating time on Gosainkund Lake Trekking.