Helambu Valley Trekking a perfect country walks of less than week duration, where visitors can enjoy an immense culture of Nepal hill rural villages its traditional farm life of age-old heritage. Helambu Valley Trekking a short and scenic journey that leads you to mid hills of Nepal Himalaya takes you to lovely villages and into the cool shade of forest covered within rhododendron, oaks, magnolia, birch, pines and firs trees within Sheppard’s cattle grazing pasture.
This is a nice and ideal journey for all types of people and age group as a walk of moderate grade with no problem facing high altitude, although it leads to ups and downhill for some days, but rewards you with excellent views of mountain range.
Beginning Helambu Valley Trekking with a short drive from the city center of Kathmandu towards the northeast to reach the point of walks at a small town of < href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundarijal">Sundarijal.
Walk starts with a climb up the hill past farm villages and into forested areas to reach Chisapani ridge offers stunning sunrise over Himalayan peaks then with down and ups to reach the high spot at Tadepatti 3,690 m facing panorama of peaks of Langtang-Ganesh-Jugal Himal range then enter into Helambu areas.
On reaching at the hub of Helambu at Tarke-Gyang enjoy visiting its nice lovely villages inhabited by Helambu tribes known as Hyalmo interwoven with impressive Buddhist religion and colorful culture, explore around and its old monasteries. After an enjoyable time around Tarke-Gyang where our journey comes to an end with drive back to Kathmandu with glorious memories and experience on Helambu Valley Trekking.
Day 01: Drive to Sundarijal 1,395m and trek to Chisapani 2,165 m- 05 hrs.
Day 02: Trek to Chipling 2,845 m - 05 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Mangingoth 2,950 m via Kutumsang 2,470 m - 05hrs
Day 04: Trek to Melamchi-Gaon via Tadepatti 3,690 m-06hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Tarke-Gyang / Gangul 2,600 m-05hrs.
Day 06: From Gangul drive to Kathmandu -05 hrs.
Trek Itinerary Detail:Day 01: Drive to Sundarijal 1,395 m trek to Chisapani 2,165 m – 04 hrs.
Start with short drive to Kathmandu valley eastern rim at Sundarijal situated 15 k.m. From Sundarijal climb through farm villages, cascade of waterfalls and reaching at Shivapuri National Park, from here strolling into timberland and dissipated homestead towns to reach at Chisapani.
Chisapani situated on a high edge of Kathmandu valley North slopes, with cool and fresh air at 2,300 m high offering super views of snowcapped mountain ranges of Annapurna-Manaslu-Ganesh Himal, Lang tang Himal extending towards Jugal Himal including Kathmandu valley. At Chisapani enjoy the fabulous sunrise and sunset views as well.Day 02: Trek to Chipling 2,845 m - 05 hrs.
After enjoying views of sunrise over mountain range start walk on downhill to Pati Bhanjyang village, continue climb for an hour on winding path into forest and villages to reach Gul Bhanjyang, and then short descent to Chipplin village for overnight stop with views of surrounding landscapes.Day 03: Trek to Mangingoth 2,950 m via Kutumsang 2,470 m - 05hrs
Morning walk through farm villages with views of rolling green hills and snowcapped peaks till Kutumsang, a mix farm village of Sherpa-Hyalmo and Tamang ethnic tribes of people offering super views of snowcapped mountains, From Kutumsang walk leads to a climb to cross over Yurin Danda ridge through lovely forest of rhododendron, pines and oak trees as route reach to a small pass at 3,510 meter and after that with short plunge into cool backwoods region, coming to an open wide area at Mangingoth for overnight stop.Day 04: Trek to Melamchi-Gaon via Tadepatti 3,690 m-06hrs.
From Mangingoth morning leads to a trail that joins Langtang and Gosainkund area with Helambu. Morning walk continues up at Tadepatti with few fine lodges on this highest point offering amazing landscape of moving slopes and high snow pinnacles of Langtang and Jugal mountain range.
After a nice morning with views continue with descend into dense rhododendron, hemlocks, firs and pines tree lines forest for few hours, walk further past Sheppard’s huts and temporary settlements to reach at Malemchigaon for overnight stop entering into Helambu area.Day 05: Trek to Tarke-Gyang / Gangul 2,600 m-05hrs.
From here walk on downhill to Melamche River and at small farm village, crossing the river on suspension bridge, then climb above the river for an hour reaching at Tarke Gyang village via Nakote village for overnight stop. At Tarke Gyang or Gangul explore around marvelous surrounding and village, Tarke Gyang famous for Buddhist culture, wood carving and delicious green apples also.
Explore around lovely village and its old monastery of Ama Yangri situated on top of the village.Day 06: From Gangul drive to Kathmandu -05 hrs.
Morning after leaving this nice village walk to Gangul with downhill through forested area past Chorten (Buddhist prayer monuments), summer meadows to reach Gangyul a small village, where drive leads following rolling hills to reach at Shermathang another lovely Hyalmo village.
After a great time around Helambu drive leads downhill on route Melamche bazaar and then continue drive to Kathmandu. Few hours of pleasant drive reaches at Kathmandu after a wonderful time in the high hills of Himalaya.
- Enjoy walk around natural surrounding with range of mountains views
- Explore rural farm hill villages of immense culture and colorful custom
- A short scenic adventure towards north east of Kathmandu valley rim
- On less trekked areas of Helambu seldom ventured by other visitors.
- Walk to the hub of Helambu at Tarke-Gyang and Gangul of great interest
Offer remains constant . But sometimes it also depends upon the group size.
- Hotel in Kathmandu (3night BB) .
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with Tea, each meal in a cup during trek.
- Tourist service , VAT, governments Tax and official expenses if necessary; all government and local taxes wherever applicable pickup hotel to bus park and drop to hotel.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- KTM sightseeing with city guide including entrance fee and transportation.
- Langtang National Park fee and TIMS Card.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Rasuwa and Pick up from Sundari Jal.
- One porter (one porter carries 20kg limit).
- Experienced trek Guide and Porter including their salaries, insurance, equipment, transportation food and accommodation
The exclusion remains constant. But if in case any changes occur they can be adjusted.
- Nepal visa fee & two passport photographs are required).
- Excess baggage hotel in Kathmandu , charges and unless requested.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary. Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge.
- Drinks, chocolate, beverages, showers etc).
- Tips for guides and porter.
- Accommodation: Hotels and lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate with Ups and Downhill walks.
- Activities: Exciting drive and scenic, cultural walks.
- Trekking duration: 05 Nights and 06 days (with both way drives)
- Seasons: Nearly all months of the year except monsoon times from June to mid September. March to May best time when wild-flower are in season October to December another best months for clear mountain views but cold in the morning and night time and chance of snow.