Gosainkunda Surya Peak Trekking a high altitude within North of Kathmandu located in the close shade of massive Langtang Himal around Nepal Central Himalaya range, a great place for short adventure to holy pond of Gosainkunda. Fabulous and marvelous Gosainkunda Surya Peak Trekking offers dramatic panorama of mountain range from Langtang-Jugal-Ganesh Himal that extends to Annapurna range in the far western horizon.
A great walks of less than a week duration time within pristine surrounding of snow capped peaks and serene green forest of tall rhododendron-oaks and pine tree lines where tree lines drops as trek progress towards higher elevation at Gosainkunda and Surya Peak.
Starting grand adventure to Gosainkunda and Surya Peak Trekking where drive leads you to high cooler alpine hills facing tremendous views of peaks as walk begins after the drive at Deurali village. Walking above tree lines within high country along with grand views to reach at our main highlight at holy Gosainkunda, a glacial pond considered as sacred by Hindu religion and for some Buddhist followers, where great festival takes place in the month of August as per Hindu calendar.
Festival is known as ‘Jani Purnima’(changing of holy threads) falls during Full Moon as per Hindu auspicious events where hundreds of pilgrims visits for a dip in the icy pond and change their old holy thread for new as per Hindu religion rites.
At Gosainkunda enjoy the view and walk around the pond that changes its colors along with sunlight this will be the highest overnight stop of the adventure, and then descend back to the road past nice place of Sing-Gompa / Chandanbari to reach at Dhunche.
Dhunche a large town and headquarter of Rasuwa district within Langtang Himal and the home of Tamang people the hill tribe of Central Himalaya, where our marvelous Gosainkunda and Surya Peak Trekking completes with drive back to Kathmandu.
STARTING FROM $1350
Trek Itinerary Detail:
Day 01: Arrive at Tribubhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu,
transfer to the hotel, welcome dinner in the evening.
Day 02: Sightseeing in and around Kathmandu
(Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudanath, and Kathmandu Durbar Square), preparation for the trek.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi (1450m)
7-8 hours by local bus We will stay over night at Syabru Bensi and start our trek the next morning
Day 04: Trek from Syabru Bensi to Lama Hotel (2480m) – 5-6 hours
We follow the banks of the Langtang Khola through a wildlife filled forest
Day 05: Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3500m) – 5-6 hours
We will trek further east until the valley opens into the pastoral meadows of the village of Langtang.
Day 06: Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa (3850m) – 3-4 hours
The Langtang Trek continues through the yak pasture to the mysterious and remote gompa at Kyanjin.
Day 07: Kyanjin Ri or Tergo Ri viewpoint (4600m or 4984m), back to Kyanjin Gompa – 4-8 hours
Today we will visit one of the two viewpoints (depending on your level of fitness and your wishes) that will give you superb views over the highest mountain range in the world. In the evening we will return to Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 08: Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel - 6 hours
Day: 9:Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2260m) - 5 hours.
Decent to down to vai Bamboo scenery view of forest and langur money on the way the ascent steeply to Thulo Syabru. En route, one could see red pandas, monkey and various species of birds.
Day 10: Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (3330m) - 5 hours.
On our way up to Sing Gompa we will have nice views over the Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal and various Tibetan mountains. At Sing Gompa we are able to visit the monastery itself and a well-managed local cheese factory.
Day 11: Sing Gompa to Gosainkund (4440m) - 6 hours.
We follow a rugged trail with dramatic views of Himal Chuli (7893m), Manaslu (8156m,) and Ganesh Himal (7406m). On a clear day, even the Annapurna range can be seen rising up gently behind. At Gosainkund, we see a dozen of picturesque sacred lakes.
Day 12: Gosainkund to Gopte (3530m) -7 hours.
Trek from Gosainkund to Laurebina La, the highest point of this trek, to Gopte (3430m.). You should not forget to look back for spectacular views of Manaslu and the mountains of the Ganesh Himal, as well as the now familiar Langtang Lirung.
Day 13: Gopte to Tharepati to Melamchi Gaon (2650m) - 5 hours.
Today we trek from Gopte to Melamchi Gaon (2650m) via the Tharepati Pass (3490m.)
Day 14: Melamchi Gaon to Tarkeghyang (2743m.) - 4 hours.
The early piece of the trek plummets until we cross the stream named as Melamchi. From here, our trail goes to Tarkeghyang. It is a lovely Sherpa town with one of the most established and greatest religious communities.
Day 15: Tarkeghyang to Shermathang (2621m.) - 5 hours.
Trekking today is similarly simpler than the earlier days as the trail experiences level land. At Shermathang we again will visit ancient monasteries.
Day 16: Shermathang to Melamchi Bazaar (846m.) - 5 hours.
The trail gradually descends all the way to Melamchi Bazaar through meadows and cultivated. On the way, we come across several villages where we can interact with the locals and get to see their way of life.
Day 17: Drive from Melamchi Bazaar to Kathmandu (1320m.) -4 hours
By either local bus or private car.
- Dramatic landscapes view with high mountains range of Central Himalaya.
- Within the country of ancient Tamang villages of great cultural interest
- Walk into pristine forest of tall rhododendron-oaks-pines and fir tree lines
- On high ridges of Langtang Himal to reach holy glacial pond Gosainkunda
- Scenic views of Langtang-Ganesh-Langtang as far to Annapurna range of peaks
Offer remains constant . But sometimes it also depends upon the group size.
- Hotel in Kathmandu (3night BB) .
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with Tea, each meal in a cup during trek.
- Tourist service , VAT, governments Tax and official expenses if necessary; all government and local taxes wherever applicable pickup hotel to bus park and drop to hotel.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- KTM sightseeing with city guide including entrance fee and transportation.
- Langtang National Park fee and TIMS Card.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Rasuwa and Pick up from Sundari Jal.
- One porter (one porter carries 20kg limit).
- Experienced trek Guide and Porter including their salaries, insurance, equipment, transportation food and accommodation
The exclusion remains constant. But if in case any changes occur they can be adjusted.
- Nepal visa fee & two passport photographs are required).
- Excess baggage hotel in Kathmandu , charges and unless requested.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary. Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge.
- Drinks, chocolate, beverages, showers etc).
- Tips for guides and porter.
- Accommodation: Hotels and lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Activities: Exciting drive and scenic, cultural walks.
- Trekking duration: 05 Nights and 06 days (with both way drives)
- Seasons: Nearly all months of the year except monsoon times from June to mid September. If interested for festival events called ‘Janai Purnima’ held around wet monsoon times of August months can join to observe Hindu pilgrims activities to Gosainkunda. March to May best time when wild-flower are in season October to December another best months for clear mountain views but cold in the morning and night time and chance of snow.