Langtang Valley Trekking a walk that leads you north and the nearest mountain destination from the capital Kathmandu. Langtang valley, which falls on route to the border of Tibet / China located on ancient Trans-Himalayan Salt and Caravan route of both countries.The Trekking certainly delights travelers with wonderful scenery of dramatic landscapes and high mountains. That you can views during walks with Ganesh and Langtang as far towards Jugal Himal range with peaks within Tibetan side across the border.
Trekking to Langtang Valley starts with the interesting overland journey. To reach at high cooler alpine hills within < a href ="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langtang_National_Park">Langtang National Park , the first park ever to establish around mountainous region of Nepal Himalaya.
On reaching at the end of the drive where scenic walk leads to a climb into many farm villages of Tamang the native tribe of Langtang region of Rasuwa district interwoven with colorful Buddhism religion and culture.
Walk takes you within serene woodland of rhododendron and pine forest within deep river gorge then entering into a wide scenic valley of Langtang at Kyanjin surrounded by the range of peaks.
At Kyanjin with wonderful moments facing incredible panorama of peaks and then downhill back into forested areas to reach at nice village of Thulo Syabru where short walk takes you to a road-head for drive to reach at Kathmandu after a great scenic and cultural experience on Langtang Valley Trekking.
Day 01: Drive to Pahiro by bus 1,540 m - 07 hrs.
Day 02: Trek to Thangsyap 2,645 m - 06 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Kyanjin 3,830 m /12, 565ft - 05hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,450 m - 06 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Thulo Syabru 2,120 m - 05 hrs.
Day 06: Walk to road head and drive back to Kathmandu - 06 hrs.
STARTING FROM $610
Trek Itinerary Detail:Day 01: Drive to Pahiro by bus 1,540 m - 07 hrs.
Morning starts with scenic drive from Kathmandu valley, journey leads North direction past Nuwakot area with town and villages to reach at Dhunche, the headquarter town of Rasuwa district, where Langtang National park starts, Dhunche at 1,900 m. From here downhill on winding road to reach near Syabrubesi village and then heading to a small village called Pahiro (past early landslides section) for overnight stop.Day 02: Trek to Thangsyap 2,645 m - 06 hrs.
First day walk leads uphill for a while with rest of the walk on gradual and winding trail through terraced farms and villages, walk descend to join a path of upper Syabru near Riverside. From here another hour walks to reach a small forest clearing at Thangsyap for overnight stop located above from river gorge and main trail of Langtang valley trekking.Day 03: Trek to Kyanjin 3,830 m /12, 565ft - 05hrs.
Morning walk follows a ridge lines above upper Trisuli or Langtang River leading to a climb into rhododendron and oaks forest after few hours walk reaching in the middle of a forest. After a nice stop continue walk for few hours through forest and crossing streams and leaving the tree line behind reaching Langtang village, as morning walk continues for a short while, then winds up for few hours coming across "mani- prayer wall", walk leads further east where the gorge opens up into a wide scenic valley with views of peaks at close distance.
After a good walk of more than 4-5 hours reaching at Kyanjin, a beautiful place with panorama of mountains and close views of Langtang Lirung at above 7,000m with icefall, here in a nice lodge with afternoon free for short walk visit the cheese factory established some 25 years ago by Swiss Technical Assistance and local support.Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,450 m - 06 hrs.
Morning enjoy last grand panorama of Langtang massive range of peaks, after a great time at Kyanjin Gompa, return back on the same trail to Lama-Hotel a small settlement in the midst of the forest at the bank of upper Trisuli River.Day 05: Trek to Thulo Syabru 2,120 m - 05 hrs.
Trek today follows on the same route for a while, then crossing a bridge walk gets pleasant into the rain and bamboo forest, on leaving the river way down below then starts climb through farm terrace and the fields to reach at Thulo or Upper Syabru, a village with row of houses perched on a ridge with an old monastery few minutes up.Day 06: Trek and drive to Kathmandu past Syabrubesi - 06 hrs.
Our final day of fabulous walk, morning back to road head that join Dhunche and Syabrubesi on the road head to Kathmandu, and then take a bus ride that reaches you past Dhunche and then downhill riding past farm fields, nice tended terraces to reach Kathmandu after an enjoyable and great moment on Langtang Valley Trekking.
- A marvelous walk to high and scenic Kyanjin at Langtang beautiful valley
- At Kyanjin enclosed by array of high snow capped of massive Langtang Himal
- Enjoy exciting adventure within nice traditional villages of Tamang people
- Explore culture and age-old traditional villages of Buddhism religion
- Walk into enchanting forest of tall rhododendron and pines tree lines
Offer remains constant . But sometimes it also depends upon the group size.
- Star Hotel in Kathmandu 3 night and Sightseeing in world heritage site.
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation) with Tea, each meal in a cup during trek.
- Tourist service , VAT, governments Tax and official expenses if necessary; all government and local taxes wherever applicable pickup hotel to bus park and drop to hotel.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- Langtang National Park Permit and TIMS(Trekking Information Management System).
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Syafrubensi to ktm.
- One Guide one Porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, transportation food and accommodation.
The exclusion remains constant. But if in case any changes occur they can be adjusted.
- Nepal visa fee & two passport photographs are required).
- Excess baggage hotel in Kathmandu , charges and unless requested.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary. Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge.
- Drinks, chocolate, beverages, showers etc).
- Tips for guides and porter.
- Accommodation: Hotels and lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Activities: Exciting drive and scenic, cultural walks.
- Trekking duration: 05 Nights and 06 days (with both way drives)
- Seasons: Nearly all months of the year except monsoon times from June to mid-September. March to May best time when wild-flower are in season October to December another best months for clear mountain views but cold in the morning and night time and chance of snow.