Langtang Valley Trekking a walk that leads you north and the nearest mountain destination from the capital Kathmandu. Langtang valley, which falls on route to the border of Tibet / China located on ancient Trans-Himalayan Salt and Caravan route of both countries.Langtang Valley Trekking certainly delights travelers with wonderful scenery of dramatic landscapes and high mountains. That you can views during walks with Ganesh and Langtang as far towards Jugal Himal range with peaks within Tibetan side across the border.
Langtang Valley trekking starts with the interesting overland journey. To reach at high cooler alpine hills within Langtang National Park, the first park ever to establish around mountainous region of Nepal Himalaya.
On reaching at the end of the drive where scenic walk leads to a climb into many farm villages of Tamang the native tribe of Langtang region of Rasuwa district interwoven with colorful Buddhism religion and culture.
Walk takes you within serene woodland of rhododendron and pine forest within deep river gorge then entering into a wide scenic valley of Langtang at Kyanjin surrounded by the range of peaks.
At Kyanjin with wonderful moments facing incredible panorama of peaks and then downhill back into forested areas to reach at nice village of Thulo Syabru where short walk takes you to a road-head for drive to reach at Kathmandu after a great scenic and cultural experience on Langtang Valley Trekking.
STARTING FROM $1000
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2 : Kathmandu Valley Sight seeing
Day 3 : Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
Six hours of drive to north of Kathmandu via Betrawati bazaar and Kalikasthan (1700m). Highway ahead passes along Trisuli River. And reaches Dhunche, the district headquarters of Rasuwa. It is just a 10 minutes drive from Dhunche to Syabrubesi.
Day 4 : Syafru bensi to Lama Hotel (5/6 hour) Altitude: 2510m/8232ft
we begin our trek crossing the river of wan gal (Lantagakhola). And then we follow through the bank of Langtang river. The trail gradually ascend until Rimoche and then levels up to Lama Hotel. You might get the opportunity to see wild animals. They include monkeys, red Pandas, Himalayan Black Bears etc.
Day 5 :Lama Hotel to Langtang 3500m (4hour walk) Langtang Village was destroyed by earthquake Massive earthquake April 25 2015.
From Lama Hotel the trail gradually climbs up to Ghora Tabela through a forest. The forest consists of hemlock, oaks, maples and rhododendron. We ascend along with spectacular, fleeting glimpses of Mt. Langtang Lirung (7,244m). Cross suspension bridge and later observe yak house near the Gambia village, before finally reaching Langtang village. The village was the worst affected by the massive earthquake of 2015 but now people are rebuilding their lives. Hotels and houses have repaired and built a new.
Day 06: Mundu/Langtang to Kyanjin Gumba (3 hours) Altitude: 3870m/12696ft.
The trail climbs a ridge passing an amazing main wall. Further, you will cross a stream as the trail joins the rushing river. There is a shop of yak wool and yak pastures at Yamphu that might interest you. After climbing a moraine we can finally reach Kyanjin Gompa (3860m).
You can hike up to Kyanjin RI to see the stunning views of Langtang Himalayan ranges and return then to Kyanjin Gompa
Day 7 : Kyanjin Gumba Hike day Chirkure 5000m for Himalaya views.
This morning get ready for perfect Himalayan View. A three-hour hike up to chhirkure (5200m) provides beautiful views of Langtang Glacier, Yala glacier, Ganjala, Nayagang, Kyanjin Valley and so on.
Afterward, return to the hotel and take lunch at the hotel. Later you can hike nearby to explore kanji valley and langsisa.
Day 8: Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel 6/7 Hour
Today you will retrace your route back to Lama hotel.
Day 9: Lama Hotel to Thuo Syabru 6/7 hour.
After a few days of quality time in the Langtang valley and Kyanjin, we are trekking back down. Which is towards Thulo syafru village. The trek takes us to a different route then we took to go towards Langtang valley a few days earlier. Then we proceed to experience the unique culture lifestyle of people living in the region and the wonderful natural setting of the amazing landscape. Stay overnight at syabru.
Day 10 : Syabrubesi to Dhunche 6/7 hour 1900m.
We trek to Dhunche today finish our trekking. Dhunche is a small and beautiful town at the end of our trekking trip. Some people start trekking to Langtang valley from Dhunche as well. Today's trekking takes us through the forest and natural wonders before reaching Dhunche. Overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Dhunche to Kathmandu 7 hour
After early morning breakfast, you will drive back to Kathmandu to Syabrubensi. The entire journey takes about 5-6 hours. Once in Kathmandu, you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 12: Departure from Kathmandu
Our staff will take you to the airport for your departure back to your home country.
- A marvelous walk to high and scenic Kyanjin at Langtang beautiful valley
- At Kyanjin enclosed by array of high snow capped of massive Langtang Himal
- Enjoy exciting adventure within nice traditional villages of Tamang people
- Explore culture and age-old traditional villages of Buddhism religion
- Walk into enchanting forest of tall rhododendron and pines tree lines
Offer remains constant . But sometimes it also depends upon the group size.
- Star Hotel in Kathmandu 3 night and Sightseeing in world heritage site.
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation) with Tea, each meal in a cup during trek.
- Tourist service , VAT, governments Tax and official expenses if necessary; all government and local taxes wherever applicable pickup hotel to bus park and drop to hotel.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- Langtang National Park Permit and TIMS(Trekking Information Management System).
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Syafrubensi to ktm.
- One Guide one Porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, transportation food and accommodation.
The exclusion remains constant. But if in case any changes occur they can be adjusted.
- Nepal visa fee & two passport photographs are required).
- Excess baggage hotel in Kathmandu , charges and unless requested.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary. Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge.
- Drinks, chocolate, beverages, showers etc).
- Tips for guides and porter.
- Accommodation: Hotels and lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Activities: Exciting drive and scenic, cultural walks.
- Trekking duration: 05 Nights and 06 days (with both way drives)
- Seasons: Nearly all months of the year except monsoon times from June to mid-September. March to May best time when wild-flower are in season October to December another best months for clear mountain views but cold in the morning and night time and chance of snow.