Lower Dolpo trek is an adventurous journey. It explores the region influenced by Tibetan Buddhism andBon Culture and finally reaches you to SheyPhosundo Lake (3611m).
Dolpo is the largest distict of Nepal. It is situated along Tibetan border in rainshadow area. It is a controlled area. Therefore requires special permit on the part of trekkers.
The people here follow a mix of Bon and Tibetan Buddhism. Which has been preserved for centuries without any influence of outside Tarankot, Laini, DhoTarap.
The biggest challenges of Lower Dopo trek is the crossing to high Himalayan passes. Which are Numa La (5,190m) and Baga La (5,070m).They arrive before dropping down to SheyPhosumdo Lake. The passes offer beautiful views of Dhaulagiri and Kanjirowa.
SheyPhoksundo Lake is a Himalayan wetland and a Ramsar site. The lake supports an ecology of zooplankton and aquatic life.Along with that the ecosystem surrounding the lake. The lake is surrounded many Buddhist gompas and the village of Ringmo.
The region can only be accessed by flying from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. And then to Juphal and the same route back.
Trip DetailsDestination:Nepal Trip Style:Trekking and Tour Transportation:Private Bus or Car & Airplane Meals:Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner Accommodation:Lodge + Camping
- Cross two high passes: Numa La and Baga La
- Visit Shey Phoksundo Lake and Shey Gompa monastery
- Beautiful views of Dhaulagiri and Kanjirowa peaks
- Tibetan culture and history
- All airport/hotel/land transfers by private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Paten and Bhaktapur including a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable.
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.