Manaslu region is home to the Mt. Manaslu (8,163 metres). It is also known as Lower Manaslu. It is the eighth highest mountain in the world. Wilderness and remoteness are its distinctive features. There are very few trekkers who go for trekking in Manaslu. It is because of its remoteness and wilderness. Manaslu Regionis a government controlled area. Therefore special permit is required prior to trekking in the area. Because of that it is most wonderful place to visit.
The Lower Manaslu Trek takes you to the heart of Mt. Manaslu. Trekkers will enjoy majestic Himalayan ranges and trek through high altitude glacier lakes and forests of juniper and rhododendron. The trek passes through many villages. Such as Barpak, Laprak, Gyampesal and Dharche Danda. Dharche Danda is at an altitude of 3220m. It offers great views of Annapurna I & II, Macchapuchre. Himal chuli, Buddhia Himala, Sarang Peak, Sringi Himal are also seen from here.
The region is inhabited by ethnic Gurungs. Most follow Buddhist religion here. You will be able to visit many ancient Buddhist monasteries. Such as Shringi Gompa in Bihi and Mu and Rachen Gompas in Chhekampar. We can find other religions also. But there are very few if to be counted.
Manaslu Region is under the purview of Manaslu Conservation Area project. Which aims to balance tourism and environment. Balancing acts are done by promoting eco-tourism. The conservation area hosts 2,000 species of plants, 33 mammals. 110 birds, 3 reptiles and 11 butterflies in 11 types of forest. These are enough to make you go Wow.
Day 1Arrival to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 2Kathmandu Valley Sight seeing.
Day 3Flight to Lukla. Same day trek to Phakding.
Day 4Trek from Phakding to Lamchee Bazaar.
Day 5Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization.
Day 6Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche.
Day 7Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche.
Day 8Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization.
Day 9Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche.
Day 10Trek from Lobuche to Gorekshep.
Day 11Trek from Gorekshep to Phpriche.
Day 12Trek from Phpriche to Tengboche.
Day 13Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar.
Day 14.Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla.
Day 15Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Stand in the vicinity of Mt. Manaslu.
- Spectacular views of Annapurna I, Macchapuchre, Buddha Himal, Sringi Himal etc.
- Gurung Culture.
- Trek through Manaslu Conservation Area.
- All airport/hotel/land transfers by private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Paten and Bhaktapur including a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable.
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for.
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Trip Style:Home Stay.
- Transportation:Private Car.
- Meals:Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner.
- Accommodation:B and B.