Rara Lake Adventure offers magnificent short walking journey rather than trekking a hike of few days to reach beautiful surrounding of Rara Lake the largest and deepest lake of Nepal. Rara Lake Adventure leads you at 2,990 m high around its Lake covering an area of 10. 8 sq.kms, located in most scenic environments of Far Western Nepal, filled with coniferous forest of blue pine, black juniper, spruce with oaks and Himalayan cypress where the park altitude range from 1,800 m to 4,048 m high with great snow-capped mountains.
Adventure leads you at high Murma Hill atop 3,800 m which is equally scenic hill facing out most glamorous views of snow-capped peaks and of magnificent Rara Lake. Rara Lake Adventure begins with a panoramic flight from Kathmandu to land at Nepal Far South West at Nepalgunj city airport within sub-tropical climate around Terai belt of the country.
The journey continues taking another short scenic flight in a smaller aircraft to reach our highlight destination at Talcha town airport within Rara Lake area, where a short hike of a day take you to wonderful viewpoint hill at Murma in the comfort of nice cozy lodge.
With ample time to visit around beautiful Rara Lake surrounded by gorgeous views of mountains and hills covered with enchanting forest enriched with exotic flora and fauna. After a great marvelous experience on Rara Lake Adventure return journey taking the same scenic route with a flight back to Kathmandu, enjoying one of the most the memorable time around Nepal Far Western Himalaya.
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: From Kathmandu fly to Nepalgunj city and transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Talcha 2,475 m and transfer to local lodge 40 mins on air.
Day 04: Trek to Murma 3,800 m to reach Hotel Rara View - 04 hrs.
Day 05: Explore around Rara Lake 2,990 m and enjoy the views.
Day 06: Trek to Talcha for an overnight stop.
Day 07: Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj and transfer to hotel.
Day 08: Contingency day in case of flight disturbance to and from Jhupal
Day 09: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
Trek Itinerary Detail:Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu international airport received by White Lotus staff/guide for short transfer in the heart of Kathmandu at Thamel area an interesting place after checking into your hotel room, meet at the hotel lobby for group briefing for Rara Lake Adventure with other information to make your stay in Nepal enjoyable.
The evening includes welcome dinner in authentic Nepalese restaurants with culture program of the country.Day 02: Fly to Nepalgunj 150m and transfer to hotel.
Morning or midday fly to Nepalgunj located Far South West Nepal scenic sweeping flights of about 55 minutes to land at low warm areas at Nepalgunj city airport. During airborne fantastic views a panorama of snow-capped mountains from the take-off in Kathmandu to landing at Nepalgunj airport, on reaching Nepalgunj airport terminal transfer to a nice hotel within its city area. Nepalgunj, situated close to Indian border of UP (Utter Pradesh), where local people traditions resemble with Indian culture and way of life.Day 03: Fly to Talcha 2,475 m and transfer to local lodge 40 mins on air.
Morning early breakfast for short connecting flight to land at Talcha small airstrip, during scenic flight views of Dhaulagiri and other western Himalaya, on reaching at Talcha after 35-40 minutes on air, walk a short distance to your lodge for an overnight stop.
Afternoon walk around Talcha town observe the interesting local culture and traditional life of indigenous people of Nepal.Day 04: Trek to Murma 3,800 meters and reach Hotel Rara View - 04 hrs.
From Talcha, morning walks on gradual with a climb up to a ridge to reach Murma A scenic hilltop Murma the highest point of the journey. On reaching lodge enjoy views of surrounding beautiful landscapes covered with pristine forest and snow-capped peaks.Day 05: Explore around Rara Lake 2,990 m and enjoy the views.
A free day for hike and excursion around marvelous location and enjoy dramatic landscapes and views of high mountains.
Walk beautiful Rara Lake, the lake with few lodges built by the Park and village community for visitors. A perfect and ideal place to enjoy rest of the days, explore around this fabulous area where foreign visitors seldom venture these beautiful areas of Rara Lake Climb a wooden tower for best views of Rara Lake and surrounding beautiful rolling green hills and snowcapped peaks.Day 06: Trek to Talcha for an overnight stop.
Morning catch 380° panorama of stunning views of surrounding hills and mountains with Rara Lake After breakfast walk back to Talcha for last overnight around a marvelous country of Rara Lake.Day 07: Flight from Talcha to Nepalgunj and connect flight to Kathmandu.
Morning short flight to Nepalgunj airport here with time to get refreshed before connecting flight back Kathmandu on reaching Kathmandu transfer to your hotels.Day 08: Contingency day in case of flight disturbance to and from Jhupal
A free and reserve day in Kathmandu in case of flight delay and cancellation at Talcha, which can occur sometimes even in good seasons as Himalayan weather can be unpredictable sometimes with unfavorable climate conditions for flights around mountain region.Day 09: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
As per your international flight time for homeward bound or to next respective destinations, depart from the hotel where White Lotus staff transfer you to Kathmandu International airport with final farewell after a great adventure and experience on ‘Rara Lake Adventure’.
Options for Overland Drive to Lake Rara:Where four-wheel Jeep and Bus available as follows: Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj drive to Surkhet transfer to hotel. Day 02: Drive to Kalikot, Manma with district headquarters via Dailekh. Day 03: Drive to Talcha or at Gamdadhi Bazaar. Day 04: Drive to Rara boundary at Milichaur and walk to Murmatop-04 hrs. Staying overnights at Hotel Rara View. Day 05: Spend day at Rara with pleasant having marvelous times. Day 06-8: Back to Kathmandu on same route as above or taking flight from Talcha or Nepalgunj airport.
- A journey to Nepal Far North West Himalaya within beautiful Lake Rara
- Explore ancient culture of Mugu villagers the indigenous tribe of Nepal
- Visit traditional and impressive cultural villages on route Rara Lake
- Enjoy exciting panorama of unique landscapes and mountains on walks
- Walk into beautiful Rara Lake surrounded by high green hills and snow peaks
- All airport/hotel/land transfers via private or public vehicle unless otherwise requested
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals included.
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur which includes a tour guide and entrance fees.
- Experienced trek leader, assistant guide and Sherpa porters including their salaries, insurance, equipment, flight, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits required for visit (national park entrance fee, TIMS).
- A comprehensive medical kit for general and emergency purpose.
- All government and local taxes wherever applicable.
- Nepal visa fee ($30 and two passport photographs are required).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch in Kathmandu, unless requested for
- Extra accommodation nights other than stated in the itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Accommodation: Hotels with lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate with ups and downhill walks
- Activities: Sightseeing tour, exciting flights and hike.
- Highest altitude: At Murma Hill Top 3,800 m high.
- Trip duration: 04 Nights and 05 Days (with flights both ways)
- Total Trip: 08 Nights and 09 Days (arrival to final departure)
- Seasons: April to May and September to November months when most of the days are clear for walks and views.